Tarun Jal Vidyapeeth (TJV) is an initiative of Tarun Bharat Sangh. The idea of the TJV sprouted during the National Water Awareness Campaign. During this campaign, a need was felt to build the capacities of organisations and individuals working in the field of water conservation in India. TJV is a twofold alliance, between the rural traditions and the inspiration from Mahatma Gandhi, and between the ancient and proven wisdom and modern scientific methods.
TJV caters to the requirements of an illiterate farmer and a highly educated person alike; the training provided in TJV enhancing the understanding and skills of those working or interested in working on issues of water management.
The objective of setting up TJV is not to construct a set of buildings but to raise a group of pupils who have a deep concern for water conservation and want to develop a better understanding. Tarun Jal Vidyapeeth does not believe in offering degrees but in building of water warriors. These pupils will serve as the pillars of the school.
The mode of imparting knowledge in TJV does not rely primarily on lectures and experiments of science in classrooms. But the entire country where efforts of water conservation are on serves as classrooms for the students.
TJV has till now facilitated following activities:
- Two-year course for “Water Warriors”.
- Short term capacity building course for all stakeholders in water management such as village institutions, NGOs, VO’s, CBO’s, GOs, Academicians, Scientists, bureaucrats, social activists etc.
- Organising State & National level workshops on vital issues related to water management and for working towards a more equitable and sustainable State Water Policy.
- Maintain and upgrade national mailing list and resource library on water.
- Publications of exemplary work and issues on water management.
We are grateful to our present and past Partners for their trust in us over the years